Giving Tuesday 2017
After Black Friday and Cyber Monday comes GIVING TUESDAY – a national day set aside to take a break from the craziness of shopping and give back to our communities.
Your gift gives normal opportunities to people with disabilities – opportunities to work on skills, visit family, and participate in life! Studies show that spending time with people and participating in community events has a positive impact on learning, socialization, and behavior. Your donation offers Crystal* opportunities to connect with people on a daily basis. Rick* realized his dream of visiting with his brother in Fargo. John* and Grace* ride to the park and work on their abilities to leave the car and exercise self-control. Each of these examples has something in common – your gift to fund transportation is making a difference for people with disabilities!
All funds raised from the Giving Tuesday 2017 campaign will be used to enhance life for people with disabilities by offering transportation opportunities. Your donation of $50.80 fills up the gas tank at current prices! It only takes 280 people donating $100 each to replace a vehicle.
If you like the concept of giving online, please plan to join us on Tuesday, November 28th. Note: a small fee is deducted by PayPal to process online donations. Call 701-852-1014 if you would like us to send you a return envelope for a donation by mail!
Other options for supporting people with disabilities:
- Like the KalixND Facebook page! Check often for recognition of our donors. If you prefer to remain anonymous, please let us know.
- Bring your plastic water bottles, etc. to the Recycling Center at 605 27th St SE.
- Consider employing a person with disabilities in your business. E-mail [email protected] to find out how you can make a difference in somebody’s life by including them in a regular work environment – for as little as an hour per week.
- Make a contribution to the Kalix endowment fund at the Minot Area Community Foundation or the Joseph’s Community Health Foundation. After state tax credits and federal tax deductions, your donation of $5000 could actually cost you as little as $1,020-1,750! See attached for more information.
All contributions are tax deductible. Every ride counts. Every donation is appreciated. Please plan to participate in GIVING TUESDAY!
* Not their real names. See the KalixND Facebook page for more information about each story!
** You are receiving this e-mail because you have either given online to Kalix in the past, or we believe you are interested in supporting Kalix. Please let us know if you would like to be removed from the list.