Kalix is a 501(c)(3) organization and is qualified to accept tax deductible charitable contributions under the Internal Revenue Code. All donations are much appreciated, and are an essential part of the annual budget.
Donate to Kalix online through the PayPal Giving Fund; When you donate through PayPal Giving Fund, all fees are covered by PayPal. After you donate, you’ll receive a PayPal Giving Fund tax receipt by email.
Send a check any time (please write “donation” in the memo blank). If your donation is a memorial or in honor of somebody special, include a note with the appropriate information and we will send a letter of acknowledgement as indicated. Please mail checks to:
P.O. Box 1030
Minot, ND 58702
Many nonprofit organizations create an Agency Endowment Fund in order to maintain long-term financial stability. By definition, an endowment fund maintains gifts permanently, making earnings available to support future needs of the organization. Kalix has two endowment funds: The Kalix Agency Endowment Fund at the Minot Area Community Foundation (established 2012) and The Kalix Agency Endowment Fund at the Inspiritus Community Health Foundation (established 2014). Giving to either endowment fund gives donors the opportunity to take advantage of the ND Endowment Fund Contribution Credit with a minimum donation of $5,000. Options to receive the Tax Credit include:
- Give to the MACF Kalix fund
- Deliver a check written to the Minot Area Community Foundation with “Kalix Agency Endowment Fund” noted in the memo
- Give online through MACF’s website (centerforcommunitygiving.com) noting the Kalix Agency Endowment Fund in the subject line.
- Give to the Inspiritus Community Health Foundation Kalix fund
- Deliver a check written to the Inspiritus Community Health Foundation with “Kalix Endowment Fund” noted in the memo
- Give online through the Inspiritus website (inspiritnd.com) noting the Kalix Agency Endowment Fund in the subject line.
More Information on the ND Endowment Fund Contribution Credit
Click here and select “Endowment Fund Contribution Credit” for the latest information on a 40% ND state tax credit on gifts over $5,000
More Information on Charitable Giving
Click here for the latest information on charitable giving from the Internal Revenue Service
Uses of Donated Funds
Donations are typically used to purchase vehicles and other items that will enhance the lives of people enrolled in Kalix programs.