An employee in this position will be given the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge in programs within Kalix. Training, work experiences, and special projects will prepare the person for further employment opportunities with Kalix. Assignment to programs will be based on Agency need as well as employee development.
Under the direction of the Director of Residential and/or Employment Services the duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Observe and learn about a variety of programs within the Vocational and Residential division.
- Observe and become familiar with other areas within the Agency including but not limited to: Quality Assurance, Behavior Specialist, Nursing.
- Attend in-service training sessions as necessary.
- Assume a leadership role in any special projects as assigned.
- Complete module certification, NSO, med certification and CPR/1st Aid.
- Provide on-call support when needed.
- Temporarily or permanently take the place of a Program Director or other Agency employees in the event of a vacancy at any time during the internship period.
- Complete the Developmental Disabilities module certification through NDCPD within the first year of employment.
- Light travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field (including but not limited to: sociology, special education, rehabilitation, counseling, education, psychology, speech, communication, social work, developmental disabilities)
- Developmental Disabilities module certification, and at least one year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Knowledge and ability in the methods and techniques of supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership skills in planning, organizing, delegating and motivating others
Hours and Additional Information:
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
40 hours per week
Kalix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information, please contact Gail Peterson at 701-852-1014