Laundry Driver (Laundry Assistant III)
An employee in this position would perform delivery of linen and laundry functions required in a commercial laundry facility. This would/could include equipment operation, collection, delivery, driving truck, loading/unloading laundry carts, operation of lifts on docks/trucks and truck preventive maintenance.
Under the direction and supervision of the laundry Project Manager or designee the duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sort linen to be cleaned into appropriate loads as required to meet load specifications.
- Inspect soiled linen to identify items requiring special treatment.
- Start washers to regulate machine processes and volumes as needed utilizing a computer system for wash codes.
- Weigh linen loads to exact weight as required.
- Load and unload washing machines and/or dryers as needed.
- Answer telephone, in a polite and respectful manner.
- Assist in care and maintenance of department facilities, equipment, and supplies. Help clean machines, clean floors, and other cleaning duties.
- Maintain established policies, procedures, quality control, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Perform boiler blow down daily.
- Load and unload trucks as needed.
- Drive laundry truck to deliver laundry as needed.
- Delivery of carts with clean linen to appropriate floor in the receiving facilities.
- Record delivery information or delivery record.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle equipment to ensure vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Maintain established policies, procedures, quality control, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Working with customers in a polite and courteous manner.
- Attend in-service and other required training.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- A driving record that makes you insurable.
- Must complete a successful background check.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to push/pull carts weighing up to 800 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy.
- Ability to constantly stand, lift, push and pull.
- Ability to navigate contracted facilities.
- Ability to watch laundry gauges or other indicators to make sure machines are working properly.
- Ability to operate a large deliver truck including backing of the vehicle.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for processing commercial laundry client needs and meeting quality standards for service.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of fault codes pertaining to tunnel, water levels, press operation, large dryer operations and laundry chemicals.
- Knowledge of laundry equipment computer applications.
- Active Listening – Good communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Customer Service – Knowledge of providing customer services including: needs assessment, meeting quality standards and customer satisfaction.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information presented in writing.
Hours and Additional Information:
Monday – Friday, 5:30am – 2pm
Every 3rd weekend.
2 positions available.
Kalix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Contact Gail Peterson at 701-852-1014 for more details