Job Coach – Employment Services
A Job Coach will be responsible for supporting individuals with disabilities with their basic living, job and social skills while integrating them into the community to the best of their ability. Job Coach’s will work to train individuals to a level of accomplishment and productivity resulting in job independence.
Under the direction and supervision of the Residential/Employment Coordinator the duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing and assisting people with basic living and employment skills as specified in plans.
- Assisting individuals with maintaining a clean, safe and orderly living and working environment.
- Assisting and maintaining an individual’s schedule as needed.
- Providing transportation as assigned.
- Reporting all incidences of Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation.
- Working as part of a team by demonstrating Agency values: Dependability, Adaptability, Professionalism and Teamwork.
- Utilizing a positive interaction style, treating people with respect and honoring choices.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all people receiving services and protecting the confidentiality of their health information.
- Administering medications, insulin and tubing feeding as assigned and certified.
- Participating in staff training, in-service and team meetings.
- Collecting data to monitor or make progress towards personal objectives.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- 17 years or older and a student in good standing.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- A driving record that makes you insurable.
- Must complete a successful background check
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be honest, reliable, dependable and professional at all times.
- Ability to respond to people receiving services with dignity and respect.
- Ability to make sound, rational judgments regarding people receiving services.
- Ability to train and teach techniques utilized for people with disabilities.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Hours and Additional Information:
Monday – Friday, 7AM – 7PM
Hours and days vary, rotating weekends.
40 hours per week
Kalix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information, please contact Gail Peterson at 701-852-1014.