Human Resources Assistant
An employee in this position is responsible for screening applicants, conducting New Staff In-service and serving as the Risk Management Coordinator for the Agency.
Under the direction and supervision of Director of Human Resources duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Screening of all applicants for Kalix and affiliated businesses.
- Performing customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Coordination of recruitment efforts.
- Implementing background checks for applicants to comply with state and federal requirements including verifying I-9 requirements.
- Conducting New Staff In-service including explaining Agency benefits and completing new hire paperwork.
- Operating as the Agency Risk Management Coordinator and co-chairing the Agencies Safety Committee.
- Processing all Workmen’s Compensation Claims and Incidents in a timely and professional manner.
- Working closely with the Safety Committee in identifying safety risks and coordinating program and safety committee inspections including fire drills that meet ICF\MR Title 19 requirements.
- Following up on all near misses, safety inspections and injuries reports.
- Assisting HR Director with various projects and/or special projects.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of three years of related experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Hours and Additional Information:
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
40 hours per week.
Kalix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information, please contact Laura Thomas at 701-852-1014.