Custodian – Grand Forks Air Force Base (Days)
Under the direction of the Director of Vocational Services, or designee, the duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean restrooms, to include fixtures, floors, walls and mirrors to be free of debris, streaks and dirt.
- Restock supplies as needed.
- Sweep and mop floors clear of dirt, debris and lint.
- Vacuum carpets and mats free of dust, dirt and lint.
- Scrub, wax, and/or buff floors as needed.
- Remove splashes and stains from walls.
- Clean windows, doors, and all drinking fountains.
- Empty trash from receptacles and haul to designated areas.
- Dust ceiling vents, pictures, lights, etc.
- Spot clean tables, counters, and rails.
- Shampoo carpets using a carpet shampooer.
- Pick up foreign material around building perimeter.
- Spray down all equipment and machines with a pressure hose in a safe manner.
- Clean all foreign particles off machines and equipment.
- Spray all machines and equipment with sanitizer.
- Shine chrome and wash down doors.
- Maintain established policies, procedure, quality control, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have a positive attitude and be reliable.
- Must have initiative and work as part of a team.
- Must complete a successful background check.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate custodial equipment, to include vacuum, floor scrubber, buffer, wax tools, and carpet shampooer.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and bend, reach and grasp items.
- Ability to work in a hot and humid environment.
- Ability to determine if employer standards have been met for cleanliness.
Hours and Additional Information:
Mon, Tue, Thur & Fri, 9AM to finish.
MVW Services employees working on an AbilityOne Contract subject to the Service Contract Act receive the following benefits:
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement (employer contributes an amount per hour)
- Indemnity Insurance Plan
Kalix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For more information, please contact Gail Peterson at 701-852-1014.